Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Tee Pee Tent!

My girls are always asking me to make a tent. Usually, it entails several chairs from the dining room being dragged into their bedroom and pulling out some big blankets / sheets to get the job done.

A few months ago, we purchased a new carseat for Ada and had a HUGE cardboard box hanging around. The girls were quite happy to make that their fort. When not in use, it was stashed next to my side of the bed - in a 2 bedroom apartment, there just aren't that many options.

With Isla's birthday on the horizon, I thought it would be great to invest in an actual tent that could be collapsable. I wasn't really digging many of the options available out there for purchase and that's when I found this great online tutorial for a Twin-sheet Teepee Tent over at ObsessivelyStitching.blogspot.com. I was so excited!!!

Thankfully, Chris was here for the week leading up to Isla's birthday and was able to help me lay out the sheet in our living room and keep the girls off of it during the marking / cutting process. Good times, good times. ;)

The End Result: Two Very Happy Girls!

DSC_0139

DSC_0140

DSC_0143

DSC_0166

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous!! I love how it turned out; and it looks like you have two VERY happy girls! :o)

    (I'm totally cracking up about your "Good times, good times" comment -- We say that a lot in my family -- and always twice!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails