Saturday, November 13, 2010

A VERY productive weekend!

DSC_0509

Greg & Chris flew in for a brief visit this past weekend, after the big SEMA automotive show out in Las Vegas. This seemed to be the best opportunity Michael and I could have to tackle the overwhelming mess that was our garage! Oh my, brace yourself. Here's a look at the mess (keep in mind- that this was after the weekend before where Michael worked tirelessly to clear out a ton of trash and after we had pulled out a table to start setting up the yard sale that morning).

DSC_0517

It was soo bad in there that we literally couldn't make it to the back door of the garage. We joke that baby boy is my little "energizer bunny" and that couldn't be more true. I felt an unbelievable urge to tackle this garage before the little mr. arrives so that we will have space to store his clothes that Dianna is graciously sending me. THANK YOU Dia & J!

DSC_0512

Greg and Chris watched the girls ALL day Saturday while we manned the garage. We did everything wrong: we were surprised by the amount of traffic we got first thing, we didn't have any dollar bills (aside from what was in my purse) and some quarters from a stash I kept, we had no inventory, and no real plan- other than get stuff out and get organized. Despite our lack of preparedness, we managed to scrounge up change for people and unload a ton. After 11 1/2 hours of solid work, we were able to make a pathway to the door and we now have sections designated for donation & trash to deal with this weekend. There's absolutely no way we would have been able to do this with the girls in our presence. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU G&C!

Well you would think that after an 11 1/2 hr day Saturday, that we would all rest on Sunday, but that's not exactly what happened...

DSC_0544

Remember when I busted through the kitchen window with the palm of my hand trying to scare away a wasp rally outside... Here are the guys re-installing our screen! Yay!!! I can breathe fresh air again without fear of wasps invading!

DSC_0547

Repairing the hooks above our front window. The shade was about to collapse!

DSC_0550

Greg installed some anchor / supports under my cabinets where all of my baking sheets, casserole dishes live, so now they don't collapse down everytime I pull one out- genius!

DSC_0556

I just love this one of Chris!

DSC_0537

Any idea what this is going to be???

DSC_0573

Did you guess a new towel rack for our bathroom?!

DSC_0602

Well, you would be right!!! Now instead of only being able to hold 2 towels as our other towel rack did, this new baby holds 6 and wash clothes to boot! MAJOR Swoon!

In addition to all of this, Mamaw & the girls made me a cake and "surprised" me Sunday night! It was soo nice! Chris also cleaned out my fridge for me later in the week. Boy, what a blessing it was to have you guys stay! Thank you G&C for all of your amazing help around here!

DSC_0583

Monday morning...

DSC_0589

Just waking up

DSC_0597

Sharing an oatmealishish breakfast

DSC_0599

Silly Papa!

DSC_0609

DSC_0612

"Ada, we can't reachh youuuu!!!"

DSC_0614

Heee heee!

DSC_0624

DSC_0600

"Happy!"

DSC_0603

"Sad!" Not wanting Papa to leave soo soon!

DSC_0616

Too cute!

DSC_0632

We enjoyed a few more days with Mamaw around. The girls loved going to story time, reading books, playing with paper dolls, and having tea parties.

DSC_0655

Until Next time!

Love from Burbank!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails